1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lorena Ochoa retires

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Worked out well for Juli Inkster too.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Wasn't Sorenstam No. 1 when she retired too? Granted, she a few years older.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Won't take up one iota of debate time on sports radio or probably here either, but Ochoa technically is not a Hall of Famer. She has met the World Golf Hall of Fame criteria on points (i.e. winning a helluva lot), but has only played eight years and the Hall requires 10.

That ain't right. Right?

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Right.

I think.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

That was a very well-reported article, thanks for the link.

In some ways she's no different than the female investment banker working 9-9 and trying to figure out how to have kids, balance family life, when to have kids. Maybe she's already pregnant. Interesting story.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

12 years oldER. Just to clarify. I clicked on the link just to figure out what they were putting in the water.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Beautiful. A class act like her gets snubbed by the Vatican. Too bad they haven't snubbed enough pedophile priests.

Draft saved Draft deleted