1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lord.......you can take me now....I've seen it all.....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Perfectly fair. They don't have to clean up the floor afterward. Win-win.

As far as arrested, I'd be more than happy to tell the judge that my kid would have been able to make it to the bathroom if only the mean clerk wouldn't have made him wait while I had to buy two items. I would think most judges would be shaking their heads at the clerk.

It'd be one thing if it was for an adult needing to use the bathroom, even though, common courtesy says you should just let them. But a kid? Let them use it.

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Note to self: Barge into Baron's casa when I'm prairie-doggin' and make a clenched-cheek waddle for the loo.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It's Podunk. Pick a fucking tree. Geez.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Mi casa isn't a public business.

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

If this thread is about the ineptitude of today's current crop of teenage workers, I'd like to interject.
    It seems to me that no matter where I go for fast food on a busy day when I can't stop for longer than five minutes to get food and go I always get stuck with the fast food crew that either cares so little about their job that they don't give an F, is actively trying to piss me off or is unable to do anything but the machine-like work they're used to that my order is ALWAYS screwed up.
    Seriously. Always.
    Now this is probably where you wonder what I order right?
    It's simple. Two cheeseburgers. Plain. With cheese.
    That's how I order it at Wendys. If I'm at McDonalds or BK, I just say 'no pickles.'
    But wouldn't you know it. At least four out of every five times, I go to take a bite out of it and, bam, pickles.
    Now, I'm not asking a lot. I'm just asking you to do LESS work when putting my burger together. Seriously. It takes more effort to put pickles on then to leave them off.
    But I think this is indicative of today's teenage workers just being f**king idiots.
    OK. Rant over.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The company accepting payment by credit/debit card can set a minimum limit if it is bothered by the small amounts of money people charge.

7. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Our church's website has an online donation feature that will only take debit cards. (No credit cards, because the church doesn't want you going into debt to support it...something like that.) But there's also a notice on the site about how much the fees are when we use our debit card, and I go right ahead and donate with no guilt. I figure, if they don't want to pay the fee, then don't offer the feature. But then my offerings would drop, because we never have cash with us on Sunday mornings, and I don't remember the last time we wrote a check.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Flip Wilson likes this.
  9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Maybe if they had a respectable minimum wage, like say $15 or $20 an hour you'd get some good service.

10. YorksArcades

YorksArcades Active Member

There is one thing equally bad: Getting stuck behind the people buying scratch-off lottery tickets. (I see this has been covered already.)

If I ever rule the world, people buying cigarettes or instant lottery tickets will have to relinquish their place in line to anyone and everyone behind them.

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

There are a lot of places that have vending machines with the scratch off tickets. Remember back when most bars had the machines with the cigs. Bring those back and that problem of being behind people buying cigs and scratch off lottery tickets is solved.

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Fuck. That.
    I will never, ever, ever, ever support that. You shouldn't be rewarded with the type of money that actual college graduates spend a decade getting to because you have a job technology hasn't quite perfected with robots yet and are therefore able to get something resembling employment despite all evidence you don't deserve to interact with people.
    Give me a quality waiter or waitress at a restaurant and I will gladly tip above and beyond for good service. But when you can't even be bothered to pay attention enough to make sure the guy who doesn't want pickles doesn't get pickles? Well, you can F yourself.

Draft saved Draft deleted