1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lord.......you can take me now....I've seen it all.....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I find being a chump is a lot more convenient 99 percent of the time.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Serviceable. Not great.

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I paid .75 for a granola bar at QuikTrip with a debit card the other day. I admit, I felt like a chump.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I have no use for pennies, or even spare change anymore. Debit card all the way.

And, let's face it, those cashiers aren't getting any brighter ...

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Now that I know it annoys people so much, I'm going to use my card even more.

The only time mine has been compromised was at a bar. Now, I won't open a tab at the places that keep your card the entire time you're there. Swipe it into the "system" and give it the fuck back.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So when your card was compromised, ws someone who had access at the bar using it then? Or did they just have time to copy down all the details.

Heck, if you are a waiter, couldn't you take a picture of the back and front of any credit card you're given and use that to make online purchases, at least? Theoretically, I mean.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You'd need billing information, too. I think ...

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I think they were selling card numbers to someone else, who was making mirror cards. It was used multiple times at multiple Walgreens, all within seconds of each other.

If you swipe the card and choose "credit" instead of "debit," most of the time you don't have to enter a PIN, ZIP code or anything.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sounds like you might have been funding a start-up meth lab. Congrats!

MisterCreosote likes this.
  10. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

In a small community, not that hard.

My card has the bank I deal with (regional locally owned with like 10 locations in five counties or such).

Type my name into google, though, and my address isn't that hard to find.

FWIW, I had my debit card stolen at IHOP last year. Left it in the black check book. Realized less than 20 minutes later when I went to another store on the same road.

Went to IHOP and asked if a waitress (who was later arrested, although not for my incident) had brought it to management. Asked for them to check security camera (only for manager/shift leader to say camera above that location was out).

Waited til the next day to cancel my card. Went to the bank and it showed it had been used twice as a credit card (it's a debit card): At a gas station near IHOP and at a Louisville gas station (45 minutes away). Bank immediately gave me a new card with new pin on site, but kept the old card in play (re-routing my account to some dummy tracking account).

The two purchases on my card were negated and I was immediately reimbursed.
    She apparently ditched the card after using it twice (so bank wasn't able to track her more).

Since then, she's been arrested twice for credit card fraud, once for marijuana and once for meth.

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Not sure how many people, but if you have 6 pizzas you need 3 or 4 cases of beer.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

At a Chipotle I asked for carne asada in my burrito bowl. The employee looked at me like I had two heads and started listing off the meats they offered.

Draft saved Draft deleted