1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looks like we're saying "Eff you" to Israel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's completely unnecessary because of Matthew 8:20.

<i>"And Jesus said to him, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head."</i>

Matthew 23:37 makes Christ's feelings clear on Jerusalem.

Acts 22:17 lays out in which Christ tells Paul to leave Jerusalem immediately so he can go "far away to the Gentiles."

There is little in Jerusalem for the Christian but some enjoyable history. Christians have no homeland. It is, in Christianity, an utter myth, the concept of a homeland. Jesus' Great Commission, if anything, is to "therefore <i>go</i>" - as in, from Jerusalem - and make disciples.

Jews, on the other hand, should theologically put a great deal of emphasis on the homeland as they await whoever they feel will be their "wonderful counselor." Jews believe that Israel will be the gathering spot - that it must be the spot - hence, it is crucial to have as much of it as possible to hasten their Messiah's coming.

I obviously diverge with Jews on the "Jesus as Christ" issue.

I don't necessarily mean this as an answer you don't already know, YankeeFan...responding to your post just seemed to be the best place ot put it.

2. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

Here's a quick solution to this mess, along with any other country who's been causing trouble in that area:

[​IMG]

They act like they want to wipe each other off the face of the earth, so let's oblige both parties. Just someone do something to shut either side up. I'm going back under my rock now.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

That's because Christians don't have a homeland to be indifferent toward. Jerusalem spurned Jesus. Ran the apostles out of town. Jesus' Seven Woes is a devastating indictment of the city.

4. MN Matt

MN Matt Member

If I remember my history correctly the land that is now Israel was promised to the Palestinians by England for their help in fighting the Ottoman Empire in WWI.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

There's no such thing as a Palestinian, as there was never a Palestine. They have no historical ties t that land. They're mostly Jordanians and could have been settled in Jordan a generation ago, but that would have solved the problem.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

At this point I'm about done. We've been trying for decades to make something happen. It ain't ever going to happen. Let's just stop wasting our time and resources on it and start worrying about other things. Why are we the world's mediator?

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

FHB - I go back and forth to the same postion. It just seems like this will never reach a peaceful solution.

8. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

It's amazing to me to look back through history and see how much decisions mad
    Interesting how much the breaking up of the Ottoman Empire has impact on our politics today, isn't it?
    Obviously the history of the Middle East conflicts go back much further than that, but I can't help but think about how the drawing of 'borders' became a flash point in Palestine/Israel, the Mesopotamia region, etc.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

That breakup led to the cultural diffusion of some great furniture, though.

10. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Everytime I read the thread title, I think it says "Elf you", which sounds like a sequel to the Will Ferrell movie with that Zooey Daschenel (sp?) person.

Did you know Zooey is the sister of the actress from Bones? It makes sense when you think about it, they both have those big blue eyes.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That is absolute unmitigated bullshit.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So tell me when there was a Palestine ruled by Palestinians.

What defines Palestinian culture? Is there such a thing?

And what differentiates a Palestinian from a Jordanian?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.