1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looks like we're saying "Eff you" to Israel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. printdust

printdust New Member

but perhaps before Israel says "eff you" to us.

This cannot be good. Israel as they should not, won't bend over backwards for this alleged peace accord.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100315/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_israel_palestinians

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Israel, as usual, is saying fuck you to us and everyone else.

It's about time we stopped bending over to Israel. You don't want peace, fine. Go fight your fucking war with no support and no money coming from the US ever again.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Netanyahu is already walking back the East Jerusalem settlement announcement.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Can someone explain to me what is so provocative about settlements?

5. printdust

printdust New Member

Especially when in many places in Israel proper, Arabs and Jews live in the same neighborhood and get along.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'm with spnited. Go PLO! Go Hamas!

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You're right. Arabs should not be forced to live near Jews.

I also think blacks should not live near whites, and anyone who disagrees with me is being offensive and should be forced to apologize.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's so deep and painful, really, that the U.S. is merely trying to keep up.

You have to understand that Jews have been persecuted since well, forever. That a tiny parcel of land is immensely important. Jerusalem has been in and out of their control so many times. I would argue Israel has a fundamental misunderstanding of its place in the world, and hence continues to pursue policies that ensure its repeated harm, but these are difficult, near-sacred matters to discuss.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's an excellent summation of many important elements of this unending problem, Alma.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Arguably one of the most important values of Israeli culture is the ability and willingness to say "fuck you" to just about anyone. Because of the geopolitics at work, without an ingrained us-against-them mentality, their society would have been ravaged a long time ago.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Yep, that's what he's saying.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yeah, right, that's what I'm saying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.