1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looks Like Susan Boyle has some competition

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Matt Foley, Apr 20, 2009.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You'd hit it. (Susan Boyle, that is)

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

It's not staged...just heavily edited. Same as Idol.

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Also, how soon before this show becomes a regular on American TV?

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You mean like the two seasons of America's Got Talent that have already aired? :)

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

The Brits are clearly more talented :D

Plus, I think people are interested in the outcome of Susan and this kid.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

You say tomato, I say tomatoe.

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Seriously, she sounds like she has years of experience on West End. I'd be surprised if she didn't have professional experience.

The thing that bugs me about the kid is if you look at him when he's just starting the Michael Jackson song, it does NOT look like his mouth matches what is coming out of it. Maybe it's just because the microphone is about as big as his head and you can't really see it but it doesn't look real to me at least.

8. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I just wasn't blown away by the kid. Maybe it was the song, but pre-teen kids singing just don't do it for me.

The mom looked looked happy with his performance, but that wasn't his dad. It was the same guy in the back when Boyle sang, I think. The narration about the boy specified he was there with his single mother.

Maybe I was just so taken back by Boyle's performance that nothing comes close right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted