1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looks like it's gonna be Oden...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dargan, Jun 27, 2007.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

I'm still baffled by the whole bench press thing. I know Durant wasn't on campus all that long, but I'd think the Texas strength and conditioning guy had to be pretty humiliated by that.

I'd take Durant if I had the first pick, but I think both players will soon be All-Stars.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

It's sad that I'm more excited about the NBA Draft than the actual season.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I think Oden is going to disappoint some people. His killer instinct makes Tim Duncan's look like Duncan is capable of going on a tri-state killing spree in comparison.

I'm not saying he won't be a good NBA player, but I don't see him being the next dominant center.

I'd take Durant.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

For anyone who says take Durant, let me ask you this: Would the Sonics factor into your decision?

As it is, the Sonics already have a great swingman in Rashard Lewis. If Seattle gets Durant, great, the Sonics now have a cheaper, younger guy in line to replace Lewis. But he plays the same position. They already had a great offense. What the Sonics really need is a dominant big man who can play defense. If Portland drafts Oden, the Sonics are stuck with the same problem.

So if you're Portland, would you risk Oden going to the Sonics -- your biggest rival -- and immediately helping that team become a contender with a franchise, defensive-minded center to go with Lewis and Ray Allen? Or do go with Oden, forcing the Sonics to have two of their top three players at the same position while still playing lousy team defense?

Just a thought.

Draft saved Draft deleted