1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for work ideally in N/NE TX or Okla.

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by SportsStringer, Jun 30, 2011.

1. SportsStringer

SportsStringer New Member

Longtime high school sports stringer/correspondent is looking for work, hopefully in North/NE Texas or in southern Oklahoma.
    Mainly looking for freelance opportunities -- high school or college mainly -- but will definitely listen to other offers.

I have spent the last 15-plus years covering high school -- and very minimal college -- sports in North Texas. I have experience writing high school game stories for various sports, football preseason tab stories and in-season game previews for multiple sports as well as having handled recap duties ('desk duty') as a newspaper's contact for particular teams as a freelancer. I also have experience breaking stories involving coaching changes. Additionally, I have recent experience as a feeder of information via text for a live blog/cover-it live while covering playoff sports for The Dallas Morning News and enjoyed this new method of our industry.

I also have experience as a photographer, but am limited since I still shoot 35mm for game action. However, I would move to digital if given the means and opportunity. (I do have a Cannon Powershot for mug shots and group photos).

Please contact me at greatviagod@yahoo.com

Draft saved Draft deleted