1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for three people to play Augusta with me next March

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rhody31, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Very excited about this.

2. golfnut8924

golfnut8924 Guest

As noted on the PGA TOUR thread --- golfnut is all over this. I've played a handful of the video game courses in real life and it's just incredible how accurate they are in the game. Can't wait to see what they do with Augusta (not that I have any real-life experience to compare with this one though).
  3. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I have tried (and failed) to recreate the national on games like Sim golf. This excites me. A lot.
  4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I just hope they do the greens justice... and I think they will. It's astounding just how treacherous they are in person. The par-3 No. 6 is a perfect example. One side of the green is at least two feet above the other.
  5. Crash

Crash Active Member

My fear is that it'll be entirely too easy, like most of the versions of Tiger's PGA games.
  6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I shot a 55 once. I have no idea what you're talking about.
  7. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 12: THE MASTERS Announcement Trailer for PS3
  8. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

You'd rather play a game that's super hard? I loved the 2004 version of Tiger - you could hit it 380 off the tee with no wind, spin every club in your bag and do whatever you want with your irons. All you had to do was learn how to putt and you were fine.
    The new version is harder to hit your clubs, but putting is a snap.
    Plus, playing video game golf and shooting par is not fun, just like playing Madden and not being able to run for 200 yards a game isn't fun.
  9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Exact opposite experience. I used to spend a lot of time tweaking the sliders until I could play 15-minute quarters, get realistic stats and average 8-8 over a number of seasons. Anything too easy drives me nuts.
  10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

It is nice to have some sense of realism in video games, especially in sports games.
  11. Crash

Crash Active Member

Not super hard, not super easy. Just realistic. Shooting a 55 would be fine if it was an arcade golf game. But if the game prides itself on its accuracy when it comes to graphics, golfers, equipment, etc., it should pride itself on its accuracy when it comes to gameplay as well.

The later versions of Tiger's game have done that, particularly on the Xbox version. The earlier versions for PS2 were ridiculous in how easy they were. Par felt like a double bogey more often than not.
  12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I hope they have at least two settings for the course. One for tournament conditions, and the other using the conditions the membership plays against the rest of the year.
Draft saved Draft deleted