1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for something more? Editor, Trenton, NJ

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Diego Marquez, Jan 9, 2007.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

When they first started the page 6 girl years ago, it was all local girls (the Trentonian's circulation area... all of Mercer County, Burlington County, parts of Hunterdon & Monmouth Counties in NJ and part of Bucks County in PA).
    Now it appears they have some kind of contract with a modeling agency because none of the girls are local anymore, and many have experience modeling elsewhere (or at least their Monday full page, color poster girls do)

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

"Hello, Courier-Times circulation. Can I help you?"

"Yes, I'd like to cancel my subscription."

"Any particular reason you're canceling, sir?"

"Well, it's this other paper in town, they have those hot pin-up girls every day, and you don't."

(Circulation operator is taken aback.)

"Well, we'd be more than willing to offer you a three-week free extension of your subscr ... "

"No, YOU DON'T GET IT. I WANT THE PAPER WITH THE HOT PIN-UP GIRLS EVERY F#@&ING DAY! YOU DON'T HAVE THEM, YOU STUPID BI ... "

(Circulation operator interrupts.)

"Don't worry, we'll get it taken care of, thanks for calling."

(Irate, dirty old man is hung up on. Operator turns to colleague.)

"I think our readership's average IQ just rose about 20 points."

3. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

Joe, they had this guy Steven Goldberg take the pictures of the really hot chicks...he gets them on his own. I mean, he's only been doing it for 10 years.

4. flyinbytheseat

flyinbytheseat New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted