1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for some news freelancers for North Kingstown, RI

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by schiezainc, Jan 7, 2011.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Hey guys. I know this is a sports site but I figured I'd look here since I know a lot of talented folks often come here and may or may not still be tied to the sports world.

Anyway, my name is Paul and I am the news editor of the Standard Times in North Kingstown, RI. We're a weekly paper that covers the towns of Exeter and North Kingstown, with an occasional story or two coming from Jamestown.

Basically I'm looking for some freelancers for our news section as our solo reporter is pregnant and getting ready to go on maternity leave in a couple of months. I'm looking for someone who would be willing to write six-seven stories a week for $40 per beginning in late March/early April and lasting for anywhere between six-13 weeks (depending on how long she's gone).

In the meantime, I've got the ability to hand out a couple of assignments a week and would like to use the next month or two to find someone I can rely on that doesn't mind the work and/or money.

If you're interested, shoot me an email at pspetrini@ricentral.com with the subject headline "Freelance opportunity". You don't have to be a local to North Kingstown but living in the area helps as we're going to be looking for school committee/town council stories when our reporter goes on leave.

Thanks for your time.

Draft saved Draft deleted