1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for old SI article

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

A while back there was a very good article in SI about the Munich Olympics massacre. Does anyone remember which issue that was in? Just PM me because I'll delete this once I get an answer. Thanks!!!!

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Still patiently waiting.

Thanks.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

This the one, Rosie?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_online/news/2002/08/20/sb2/

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

No, that isn't the one.

This one talked about a wrestler who was in the room next door to where his teammates were killed. It also talked about German security. It was several pages long and it seemed to me I read it in the last year or two.

(Confession time: I want my daughter to read it for background for a project she is going to start work on for a class.)

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Sorry. I suck at life. :-\

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

This might be it. I remember reading the article as well.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/features/flashbacks/munich/after_the_nightmare/

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

That's from 1976. I think Rosie is looking for something in the last couple of years. The only thing I've found so far is a Reilly column from July. I don't think that's it.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I guess we all suck at life. :D

9. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

You guys do not suck at life! ::)

It wasn't Reilly's column (but that's a good one too, I'll pull that out of the magazine stack).

I've dug through a few of them, just can't find the darned article! :mad:

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

There's a bunch of sidebars with the link killick posted, Rosie. You might want to try some of those as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted