1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for freelancers for collegiate features

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by go_cubs_go_titans, Dec 15, 2016.

1. go_cubs_go_titans

go_cubs_go_titans New Member

I am looking to add to my stable of available freelance writers for NCAA features to appear in NCAA championships programs (the souvenir programs sold at the events).

I need coverage of a fairly broad array of sports (basketball, lacrosse, ice hockey, field hockey, gymnastics and soccer among them). Assignments will be exclusively features, no game coverage, so location doesn't usually matter, although sometimes expertise of a certain area/school is helpful, as is specific sports knowledge in some cases.

I need writers who are ready and willing to accept assignments and meet deadlines. I generally prefer "full-time" freelancers and not those who also have full-time sports writing jobs.

Past coverage of collegiate sports is a big plus, practically a necessity.

If you think you fit the bill, email ncaapublicationsmanager@gmail.com with your resume, sports covered, location and links to your past work; don't be surprised if you don't hear an immediate response (or one at all), as at this point just I'm looking to gather options. I'll reach out to you if have an assignment.

Creighton Rabs likes this.
  2. bourq25

bourq25 Member

I sent my materials on Sunday, January 8, 2017. Check them out if you wish.
    Bruce Bourquin, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho (30 miles east of Spokane, Washington).

Draft saved Draft deleted