1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Looking for Calvin and Hobbes"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 7, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

If this was a movie or a tv series, it would rival early Simpsons and current South Park, and that is some high praise.

Possibly the best comic strip I have ever read. Oh, and comparing this to a FBFW-style or a Funky W. strip is unfair because of the story lines.

Oh, Farley saving April in FBFW possibly is the greatest comic strip moment ever.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Just curious: Do the people who feel Watterson's privacy should be respected also think there should be no biographies of Salinger or Pynchon?

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

http://www.angelfire.com/wa/zzaran/calvin.html

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That is 10 kinds of awesome.

5. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Agreed. Makes me miss it even more.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Like this book, I am conflicted.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You can't control what other people do. You can only control what you do. So if you don't want to write or participate in an autobiography or biography, that's cool.

But you can't stop others from writing, talking or reading and just because someone wants privacy doesn't mean they get it.

I want a raise and a new job, personally.

8. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Actually I agree. But you can look back on favorite TV shows from the past when they get shown on TVLand now and think to yourself, "why did I watch this drivel?" But when it ran in its prime, I looked for it every day.

In fact, not long ago I found an old newspaper comics section with a McNamara cartoon stuffed in a box when I was cleaning out the attic. When I read it I thought, they couldn't run this today.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You mean like this?
    http://www.theotherfamily.com/

I blame SportsJournalists.com for my knowing of that website, so the least I could do is post it here.

10. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I would like to read a biography of Gary Larson.

11. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

"Get Fuzzy" is very good.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's a shame this guy quit, he could have been a wonderful heir to Far Side imo:

http://pbfcomics.com/

Draft saved Draft deleted