1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for a writer for a Major Sports Talk show in Southern California

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by jdoe19, Feb 22, 2009.

1. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

What ANY talk show needs is a local newspaper so they can rip and rant. If newspapers die, a whole lot of radio blowhards are not going to know what to say.

2. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

No, they'll just read blogs and message boards instead and then BS their way through like they do now. Those of us who work in radio and actually have sources and do our own reporting will likely look to do a little more work at breaking news than we have previously. In a post-newspaper media world there will be an opportunity to stake out extra credibility that way.

3. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

I am still waiting for a response from them. I did get a response from someone else who wanted me to host a show on their station for 60 dollars and our and I get to keep the ad revenue. I told them they are on crack if they expect me to pay to host a show... American Radio Networks anyone?

4. There's a post on jjobs now from the Jim Rome show. Must be the same thing.

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1045431

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

You're telling me Rome doesn't write all his own smack? Thanks for ruining my week.

6. NQLBLQ

NQLBLQ Member

I wonder how many "clones" will be interviewing for this job? I admit, I used to listen to his show a lot (I painted houses during the summers while in school) and who ever wrote/continues to write his stuff wouldn't make it as a "reporter" but s/he is skilled in his/her own way. It was entertaining.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I still think this is BS. I know the "smack-off" is coming up (around the time of the expiration of the job listing). Perhaps someone is looking for material. Why wouldn't the e-mail site be the production company for the show?

8. NQLBLQ

NQLBLQ Member

Or maybe that is when they are going to be in need of material

Draft saved Draft deleted