1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for a writer for a Major Sports Talk show in Southern California

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by jdoe19, Feb 22, 2009.

1. jdoe19

jdoe19 New Member

A tremendous opportunity for a person who has separated from the pack and is willing to grind. There is a potentially great payoff if you're willing to pay the price. Some have the ability but not the drive, others have the drive but not the ability. We're looking for that one individual who is the complete package who has recognizes a great opportunity when they see one. Must work quickly, be able to rant on a number of topics and work well with others. If you're competitive, loyal and hungry, send cover letter, resume, and writing samples (rants) to: radiojob1@gmail.com.

Salary depending on experience.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Is the payoff for the lucky winner a Major Award?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

JDoe19: What would be a salary range? Or, to be more specific, what's the top end you would imagine you might pay to someone with connections in this market and lots of experience?

4. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Translation: If we start making a shitload of money, you'll eventually get paid for doing it. But don't look for any compensation until you've put in a ton of work.

5. shopbg77

shopbg77 New Member

Where did this come from? Any ideas on the company/site for this "Major Sports talk show" ?

6. Editude

Editude Active Member

If this profession has become based on one's ranting ability, I won't miss it when it's gone.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yeah. If anyone looks into this I'd be curious to hear about it.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Whenever I see the word hungry in a job listing, I figure that they're looking for someone who is used to being hungry and won't mind not being able to afford food.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hounds comma Release The

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Rack him.

11. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Usually if they're vague about who the fuck they are, it means they don't want to tell you.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

One way to tell this job's not in the South: The writer has to write more than "Hello caller, you're on the air."

Draft saved Draft deleted