1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for a visual timeline in a magazine ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

... any suggestions you can recall?

I'm looking for a graphic-heavy timeline with little bubbles for text. Subject matter isn't important, just need an example I can show to explain what I mean.

Gracias in advance.

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Why not try that little magazine named "Time". They seem to have some pretty good stuff in there along these lines.

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

oh yeah.

sure enough, first issue of "Time" I pull out, has a example (not a great one, but one nonetheless) of what I was looking for. Still taking suggestions.

4. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Funny the way things work out. You are looking for a timeline and you look in "Time" magazine. Man, I just need to find out where I can find where sports are illustrated in words and photos. Any ideas?

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Dude, I've got a dozen issues of Time sitting here. One has a timeline. It's not like these people put a timeline in every issue.

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

BBAM, you just need to visualize it ...

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Clearly.

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

That's true. I should have sarcasmed my whole post. Whenever a big event happens, they put a timeline in there. Katrina, 9/11, Iraq something or other, etc.

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

I found another example (not exactly what I'm looking for still) in Newsweek too. I wanna say Sporting News did something recently, but I can't say for sure. Might have to go through the stack of SN at home this weekend.

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Rolling Stone does it, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted