1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking For A Specific Site

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, May 6, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

There's a website out there that every day has one thing at absurdly low rates, until it sells out. It's just one item a day, and it changes every morning. I can't remember the name of the site though. Any help?

2. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://www.woot.com/

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

That was it! Thanks.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

So what would a camera like that normally cost?

5. $225 to $300 ...

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Have been scoping out Woot for years; pretty good deals, others not so much.... they had a woot-off last weekend.

Prices are good, but a lot of the technology is a generation or two past.
    Picked up some good computer parts and such... last thing I got was an emergency kit for the car.
    Camera looked like a damn good deal. Would jump on it, but am ebaying for a dehumidifier instead.
    Although, am waiting for computer speakers to show up.
    They roll the items every night at midnight CST...

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

This is one of my favorite hobbies...finding websites to buy stuff at good prices. My goal is never to go into a store again--if I can't buy it online, I don't want it anymore.

Any others? Sites you check all the time for cool stuff? I can tell you where to buy discontinued Chanel lipgloss, and True Religion for under $200 a pair.

8. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Is grocery shopping an exception? :)

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You can do that online, too.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

No exceptions. I can't stand stores any more. All those....people....with the carts they leave in the middle of the aisle while they check the salt content on 22 different brands of ketchup, IT'S FREAKIN KETCHUP, WHO CARES, IF YOU HAVE TO LOOK DON'T USE IT! and then you finally get up to the cash register where the lady ahead of you tries to use the 15 cents coupon from 1983 on the toilet paper, and she is not budging without her 15 cents, so the manager has to come over with the stockroom guy who can translate Czech Republic, but it turns out she's not from that part of Czech Republic, until I just give her the 15 cents, and by then the cashier is going home for the day and the lane is now closed, and I just wanted this little thing of sushi and some apples and Boom's kosher Coke, get me OUT OF HERE.

So yeah, I'm going with the online thing.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The apple didn't fall from your tree....

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

My apologies. Clearly you've been stuck in line behind my mother in law.

It sounds like Czech but it's actually gibberish with a slight Bronx accent.

Draft saved Draft deleted