1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for a new TV show

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 25, 2011.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I'm very much into Wilfred now. Good stuff.

2. joe

joe Active Member

It wasn't on your list, but I'm with IJAG: Dexter is the shit. Watching from the beginning is beneficial but not necessarily needed. And each season is its own story arc, which is nice.

The conclusion to season 4 comes in the mail today. We get a lot of use out of Netflix. Season 5 available on Aug. 16, and it's at the top of our queue.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

OMG THE SEASON 4 FINALE IS GOING TO BLOW YOUR EVERLOVING MIND.

4. imjustagirl

Right? It was intoxicating watching him. Like I was revolted, but drawn in, but disgusted, but hooked. So awesome.

Also, burned through all 20 eps of Party Down last night on Netflix instant. Took me about 2.5 eps before I got hooked, but then I was in. I heart Megan Mullally.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

The scene at the end of the high school reunion episode of Ron vomiting is one of my favorite comedy scenes ever. I laughed so hard at that.

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Saw the new BBC series Sherlock based on one of my co-workers recommendations. REALLY good. The first series was only three episodes, but each one was an hour and a half.

Honestly, I cannot recommend this one enough. And it's on Netflix Instant Watch.

7. imjustagirl

dreu, I think "Wrong fat guy with glasses!" is my new favorite line.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

This. "Call an ambulance!"

Also, Uda's speech to Henry at the close of Season 1 is one of my favorite bits of awkward comedy in quite some time.

"I have a kid. But he's very quiet and no trouble."

9. joe

joe Active Member

Holy cow. Holy cow. I should have seen it coming, but still, holy cow.

Strange aside: John Lithgow is doing the voice of some young dude on Matlock this morning, kinda like Glenn Close did in that movie with Andie MacDowell, Graystoke: Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes. Just a little disconcerting to hear Arthur's voice coming out of this dude who looks nothing like him.

10. imjustagirl

Told you. That might be the best season of any television show ever.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Agreed. It surpassed Season 1 which up to that point had been the best season in the series. Last season, while good, was a bit of a letdown from how great Season 4 was.
    Looking forward to Season 6 beginning October 2.

12. joe

joe Active Member

Yep, Lithgow was amazing in that role. I can see why he won an Emmy for it. Truly a frightening guy. I wonder exactly how much Arthur was based on the BTK serial killer because from what I remember about him, he was the same kind of person.

I can't wait to see what happens in Season 5. Shit, it's gonna be damn near a month before I get the first disk on Netflix, and Miss L is now hooked, too.

Crikey.

Draft saved Draft deleted