1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for a new TV show

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 25, 2011.

1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Weeds...but only first three or so seasons. After that it goes off a cliff.

Breaking Bad is great, but then it too has lost something.

May I suggest Party Down? It's only two seasons (20 episodes). Ran on Starz and is sort of like the British version of The Office (dramatic in parts, but hilarious in others). Lizzy Caplan is hot.

2. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Breaking Bad
    The Walking Dead when it comes back
    Wilfred
    Louie
    Eureka
    Warehouse 13

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Starting this now. Love Ken Marino and Megan Mulally. I'm a little stoked after seeing the cast. Thanks for the recommendation.

4. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Starz is doing some good stuff with Party Down, Gravity, the Sparticus series and now Torchwood: Miracle Day. We only watch Gravity and Torchwood, but both are very good.
    Showtime shows worth catching up on are Shameless (amazing) and Episodes.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

It's hilarious. Make sure you watch the extra scene they always have after the first credits.

6. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

If you want something breezy that won't tax your brain too much, check out "Castle." The leads have a ton of chemistry, and Nathan Fillion is pretty much my extended man-crush at this point. It reminds me a lot of a really well-done version of a good 1980s comedy/mystery (like "Remington Steele" but occasionally played a little more seriously).

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

The Internet rumors are that Treme is mostly sticking around because HBO is trying to convince Simon to do a sixth season of the The Wire. No idea how valid it is.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Party Down may have been as close to perfectly done as any show ever made. Hilarious, but with a lot of heart underneath the jokes. Fantastic ending too.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I am undeniably in crush with Nathan Fillion. Have been since "Waitress."

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Necessary Roughness is a bit of a soft drama, but it's pretty entertaining, and Callie Thorne is easy on the eyes.

11. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Don't hate on that show. It's not "quality," but it's entertaining.

My summer shows I've been enjoying, including Franklin and Bash, are
    1) Suits - I'm a sucker for lawyer shows
    2) Wilfred - It took Mrs. Rhody and I two episodes to realize we like this show
    3) Big Brother - long time watcher
    4) Dance Moms - I never said that.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Callie Thorne is yet another reason to watch The Wire, although she's not in every episode, but she does have a nude scene or two in it.

Draft saved Draft deleted