1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for a new TV show

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Help me out, fellow posters.

Want to start a new show and am deciding between some that people here seem to like:

Breaking Bad
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    Burn Notice
    Boardwalk Empire
    Weeds
    Friday Night Lights

Others?

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

heh, Wow, what a wildly divergent list of shows!

I don't really think you can go that wrong with any of them, but generally, Burn Notice is seen as on a lower tier than the rest of those shows. It's a good summer show; the rest are just good.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I suggest Franklin and Bash.

4. joe

joe Active Member

1. Breaking Bad
    2. Weeds
    3. Friday Night Lights

Swap Nos. 2 and 3, but keep Breaking Bad No. 1. If you have Netflix, you can stream the first two seasons of Breaking Bad and at least five seasons of Weeds. Have no idea about FNL.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

There was a time when I'd have put It's Always Sunny in first, ahead of nearly anything on TV, but it's not half the show it was in its first two seasons.

Breaking Bad and Boardwalk Empire are both outstanding.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I've looked for Breaking Bad twice. Each time it has said "only available on DVD."

1. Dexter
    2. Dexter
    3. Dexter
    4. Dexter
    5. Dexter

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Sunny and FNL are the only ones I've watched, and I'd recommend either of them wholeheartedly.

8. NDub

NDub Guest

These are serialized shows you should catch up with before diving into the new stuff: Breaking Bad, Fringe and The Walking Dead.

All of Lost is on Netflix streaming.

I've heard great things about Mad Men, The Wire, Game of Thrones and Battlestar Gallactica.

9. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I started watching Dexter on Netflix and then they yanked it off of streaming. They suck.

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

The Wire is awesome.

I don't think it's on Netflix streaming. But I believe you may be able to stream the first couple seasons on HBO.com.

Have heard some rumblings of a possible sixth season at some point, but not sure how legit the rumblings are.

11. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

They've got every episode on hbogo.com. I need to check that one out.

I'd also recommend Game of Thrones.

12. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Eureka and Psych are two faves.
    If you like a bit of sci-fi and a good amount of drama, try the updated version of Battlestar Galactica.

Draft saved Draft deleted