1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for a logo

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by sprtswrtr10, Jun 11, 2012.

1. sprtswrtr10

sprtswrtr10 Member

Needed: 2012 NBA Finals logo
    I receive AP pictures, graphics and stories, but cannot find the traditional finals logo.
    I know what it looks like, but where can I grab one in PDF form that I have the right to use.

Thanks

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

www.nba.com/media ... register, and you'll get accepted right away.

There's a complete logos section (also, head shots if you ever need 'em).

3. Jayvee

Jayvee New Member

I was able to register our paper for several sites similar to NBA Media Central a few years ago. We've got the big four covered along with NASCAR and College Press Box. Are there any other resources for MLS, PGA, etc., that I should know about?

4. JPsT

JPsT Member

All MLS' stuff is here: http://pressbox.mlssoccer.com/

You don't need a log-in or anything.

5. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

I've had very little luck with PGA on this front. I'm not sure why, but I don't think they have a website comparable to MLB pressbox. If they do, it's well-hidden. If I need a headshot that badly, I usually end up stealing something off the Google.

6. JJHHI

JJHHI Member

There is PGATourMedia.com, but it doesn't have headshots. When I was still in newspapers, I had to email someone (can't recall who) and request the headshots, and they sent me DVDs with PGA Tour, Nationwide Tour and Champions Tour mugs.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Found one on MCT.

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

This probably doesn't help.

[​IMG]

9. I once had such a difficult time getting a Nationwide Tour player's hi-res headshot that I just contacted his agent, who sent me one but was adamant that it be credited to the PGA in all uses.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

PGA Tour Images is a nightmare to deal with. They're absolutely obsessive in their trademarking, right down to the trademark mark. Last time I worked with their stuff, they wanted to be sent the tear sheets of everything using their images.

Draft saved Draft deleted