1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for a little advice...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pluggin Away, Oct 10, 2014.

1. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

Get out while you still can. Don't find yourself in your late 30s stuck in a business that you don't want to be in, particularly one that doesn't care if you're in it or not. I've already got summer 2016 circles on my calendar because that's when my wife finishes school and I'm going back, myself.

2. Pluggin Away

Pluggin Away New Member

Thanks to all of you who shared your advice/opinions. I have decided to go ahead and take the gig at the twice-weekly. It is back in my home state and some 450 miles closer to where I grew up than where I am now. I'm also going to dabble in some part-time video work away from the paper where I'll be working, just to see if maybe I have a future in that. My BA included dual emphases in print journalism and broadcasting - maybe it's time to experiment and see where the broadcasting part of that can take me.

Draft saved Draft deleted