1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for a job

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by creaven, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Money007

Money007 Guest

1. I don't have time to look through your posts or profile that carefully. I am the only sports person at my paper, so I have to do everything - write, photo, layout, tell mom why little Jimmy's single didnt mean shit.

2. By the way, all message board dorks - regardless of what the board is about - are the same.

3. Turd blossom? Twatwaffle? For the first time ... I am speechless.

4. Draft or bottle?

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

If you were REALLY doing your job, you wouldn't even have time to troll his profile. Enjoy Podunk for the next 50 years.

3. This almost makes up for your other three points ... almost.

4. Money007

Money007 Guest

You know, I had a scorching response to guys like Scorpio (who has one of the best tags on this site) and Petty, but I just realized something. I don't care. If those know-it-all-but-can't-see-past-my-own-ignorance kind of guys want to order me to get beers and call me names kindergarteners would call immature to feel better about themselves, go right ahead. I'll see you stuck in the middle on my way to the top.

Feel free to respond. This will be my last on this thread.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

*Sitting down with a bowl of popcorn.*

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Hey, pass me some, Doc!

Kid, if you knew the names of some of the people you're insulting, you'd shit yourself in embarrassment. Just saying.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Including me, often a child looking at Christmas lights for the first time. Ha. 007, you can't take things here too seriously. We rag on each other sometimes. Thickens the skin.

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I don't like popcorn. More for the rest of you.

"Money007" has to be the gayest fucking handle on this board. Well, on second thought...second-gayest.

9. Songbird

Writing, you're hurting my feelings again :D

10. writing irish

:)

Xan, your handle, while puzzling, isn't in the running for top honors. By the way, are you named after Coleridge or Olivia Newton-John?

11. Songbird

McWriting, the handle is after ... yeah, you got it ... ON-J. It's the first thing that came to mind. Man, that's sadness on my part. But she was sexy. The videos for Magic and A Little More Love ...

12. writing irish

"In Songbird did Kubla Khan
    A stately pleasure-dome decree:
    Where Alph, the sacred river, ran
    Through caverns measureless to man
    Down to a sunless sea.
    So twice five miles of fertile ground
    With walls and towers were girdled round..."

Legend has it that Coleridge was whacked out on opium while writing the poem and was interrupted before he committed to paper what he'd written in his head...when he retuned to his desk, he'd forgotten the last part of the poem. So the work we have is only about half of what Coleridge had planned to write.
    [​IMG]
    Lousy short-term memory loss!!

Draft saved Draft deleted