1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for a job

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by creaven, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Actually Mayfly. . . ..

Your membership designation means you should fetch some beers yourself. Make mine a Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat, please.

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Ah yes...the classic "don't have enough posts so call you a newbie" internet hierarchy. Thought that died out with Halo.

3. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

And now you call Patrick 'kid' and he is expected to fetch you beers? It must have been a productive month and a half for you, my friend.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

No. . . . .

Your actual title is "Newbie." Look at your posts, above the star and below your name.

5. Cut (Creaven) a break ... believe it or not, they were nicer to him on the anything goes thread ...

Creaven, have you been to journalismjobs.com and E&P, etc? This board is primarily for people already in the business but you're very welcome here because there's a lot of good people and good info ... but as far as getting a job I wish you luck, it's not really what happens here ...

6. Damn. Talk about putting someone in their place ... good job, Leo.

7. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I was asking about how to break into the field, not asking flat out for a job. All of those quotes from me that you put on there were from questions people posed in the thread that I created.

I guess the whole joke aspect of him fetching me a beer was not taken well. Oh jeez. Maybe I should put it in blue font next time.

8. creaven

creaven New Member

OK, I raise the white flag. How do I delete a topic.

9. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

creaven, no need to raise the white flag man. It's all fun and games, I have taken a beating on this board too. I have been graduated from college for a couple months now and I am finally starting to get some nibbles. Look around the board here for the jobs that are posted, start asking questions to some of the senior members. Things will start rolling in no time.

10. You'll probably need a moderator to do it for you but just keep it up there ... keep posting, pick up a few tips and enjoy yourself ... ask all the questions you want and don't get discouraged when one or two assholes waste your time ...

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No, there should be a tab on the lower left called, "Remove Topic." Click it.

12. Does he have enough posts? I thought you needed a certain number of posts ...

Draft saved Draft deleted