1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for a football stat manager program

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by blackout, Sep 25, 2011.

1. blackout

blackout New Member

Hey guys,
    I recently started a job with a newspaper in Latrobe, PA. We are a 6-a-week paper, and getting football scores in fast is key. I have a football stat sheet I found on here, but I didn't see if there was a football stat program or spreadsheet that I could use so the stats are calculated faster. Any ideas? A free program would be ideal, but I would buy a program if need be.
    Thanks a bunch.

2. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

check out something called DigitalScout.com

3. Illino

Illino Member

You can make MS Excel do that, but you have to know how to use it.

4. JPsT

JPsT Member

Insightful, yet veiled.

5. Illino

Illino Member

Getting to learn the program is not some 10-minute process. Half of my Computer Science 101 class in college was on Excel.

6. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

Yes, but learning some excel basics at least is well worth the investment. I moved all of our Scoreboard standings to an excel doc a few years back, and it's been much better and I'm able to put much more detail into Scoreboard than simple W-Ls. I've tweaked it here and there along the way, too.

7. Illino

Illino Member

No argument from me on that. The above poster sounded like he wanted me to produce a crash-course on Excel, and that's just not going to happen.

Draft saved Draft deleted