1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

looking for a contact

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by writestuff1, Mar 20, 2009.

1. writestuff1

writestuff1 Member

I'm working on a project in which I'm trying to find someone who might have been a front office executive with a NFL team in the late 1960s. I'm looking for someone who was in the league back then that might be willing to talk to me about the NFL landscape in that era. If you know of someone or have any suggestions as to any sources I could explore, I would appreciate your help. Feel free to PM me. Thanks.
  2. RTJ

RTJ Member

Vince Lombardi?
  3. writestuff1

writestuff1 Member

Funny, RTJ. Actually, I was looking for someone still of sound mind and body. That's the hard part.
  4. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

This is only a name, not a contact, but if you can find Dick Maxwell, who retired from the NFL a couple of years ago as senior director of NFL broadcasting and is a great guy and who was there for 36 years, he might be able to help you. NFL might help you find him. I think he lives in New Jersey.
  5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Gil Brandt is still kicking around somewhere.
  6. writestuff1

writestuff1 Member

Gil Brandt is the first guy I thought of. I have a number for him through a contact and have left messages for the past couple of weeks but he never returns my calls. His exactly the type of person I'm seeking.
  7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Not a GM, but Gus Frerrotte was in the league back then, right?
  8. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Ah, NFL team. Very sorry, my bad on Maxwell. Although he still might have some insight into the lay of the land back then.
  9. Board Stiff

Board Stiff Member

Draft saved Draft deleted