1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for a book

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Not for me, for a friend for Christmas. I am looking for a sardine cookbook. Does anyone know of any? I hit amazon.com but am not coming up with much there, in english anyways. Any help would be much appreciated. My other option, I guess, would be to compile a bunch of sardine recipies and bind it myself.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Not only do I not know where to find one, I can't imagine anyone writing or publishing one, either.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Open can of sardine. Place on burner. Heat until warm through.
    That's Depression-era, old-school good.
    (Also good for kippers.)

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Ingredients: 1 box Saltine crackers
    1 can sardines

Place sardines on crackers. Eat.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Are you talking about fresh sardines or those ones in the can?

In any case, I doubt one exists--at least in English. But there may be recipes in a seafood cookbook

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I just assumed the question was about canned sardines.
    For fresh sardines there should be an abundance of recipes.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Either or. The more I look, the more I think I may be relegated to hitting the internet and compiling seperate recepies into my own book. May not look as professional, but I think it would have the same effect.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Beef, phone The Cookbook Store in Toronto.

It's simply one of the best cookbook stores in North America and the folks there really know their stuff.

http://www.cook-book.com/

If one exists they'll know about it and if one doesn't, they may be able to offer suggestions for other cookbooks with recipes.

And they have a toll-free number so it won't cost you anything to call from the boonies. :)

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Awesome, thanks JR.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That look like a cool site, JR. I'm going to forward that to a friend who is into cookbooks.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I know the woman who owns the store fairly well.

She knows her stuff inside out. Besides, any store specializing in cookbooks that has THIS in stock has pretty much everything.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted