1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for a book

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Not for me, for a friend for Christmas. I am looking for a sardine cookbook. Does anyone know of any? I hit amazon.com but am not coming up with much there, in english anyways. Any help would be much appreciated. My other option, I guess, would be to compile a bunch of sardine recipies and bind it myself.
  2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Not only do I not know where to find one, I can't imagine anyone writing or publishing one, either.
  3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Open can of sardine. Place on burner. Heat until warm through.
    That's Depression-era, old-school good.
    (Also good for kippers.)
  4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Ingredients: 1 box Saltine crackers
    1 can sardines

Place sardines on crackers. Eat.
  5. JR

JR Active Member

Are you talking about fresh sardines or those ones in the can?

In any case, I doubt one exists--at least in English. But there may be recipes in a seafood cookbook
  6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I just assumed the question was about canned sardines.
    For fresh sardines there should be an abundance of recipes.
  7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Either or. The more I look, the more I think I may be relegated to hitting the internet and compiling seperate recepies into my own book. May not look as professional, but I think it would have the same effect.
  8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

9. JR

JR Active Member

Beef, phone The Cookbook Store in Toronto.

It's simply one of the best cookbook stores in North America and the folks there really know their stuff.

If one exists they'll know about it and if one doesn't, they may be able to offer suggestions for other cookbooks with recipes.

And they have a toll-free number so it won't cost you anything to call from the boonies. :)
  10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Awesome, thanks JR.
  11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That look like a cool site, JR. I'm going to forward that to a friend who is into cookbooks.
  12. JR

JR Active Member

I know the woman who owns the store fairly well.

She knows her stuff inside out. Besides, any store specializing in cookbooks that has THIS in stock has pretty much everything.

Draft saved Draft deleted