1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking ahead to new fall TV season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've seen the ads for Three Rivers and I just really don't have any desire to watch another medical drama. I've kind of had my fill of the CSIs and Law and Orders as well, although I admit they're very well done and I will occasionally watch...

My favorite network shows are NCIS and House.

2. Those shots of home will be the only reason I watch an episode, but I'm not hopeful. After they decided to not film in Pittsburgh, I lost a little bit of interest. And I don't think NCISLA is going to make it. The cast is mildly intriguing, but I think LL Cool J tries too hard to play the cool cat. I didn;t like the female lead too much. I do like the nerdy guy (from notes from the underbelly) but I'm really waiting to find out how a guy, Chris ODonnell, is going to survive being shot 991 times on the streetcorner.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wait...Three Rivers isn't even shot in Pittsburgh? Great. So we'll get wide shots of the Golden Triangle, the incline or PNC Park and that's it.

4. Almost positive, OOP. Getting this info from a story we ran a couple of months ago. Not to mention the fact that no one in the cast will have a western pennsylvanian accent, so that drops the believability for me. I need an 'n'at, a yinz or two and a dawntahn or a saatside for me to truly believe.

5. First two episodes? . . . what am I missing. I thought they had only done the pilot?

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That part never bothers me. Then again, you would never be able to tell I'm from Pittsburgh from my accent.

7. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I was wondering the same thing.

8. Me neither. I grew up there and spent 21 years of my life living there, but never seemed to pick up the accent. That being said, it is an undeniable identifier of the city, for any of it's residents or frequent visitors.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

For those of you who have no idea what the Pittsburgh accent sounds like.

The 30 second mark...

10. Mizzougrad96

Wait, you mean Frasier and Grey's Anatomy aren't shot in Seattle?

You mean Cheers wasn't shot in Boston?

:)

11. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

if there was a second episode after the pilot then i missed it

12. Mizzougrad96

The second episode of Glee is out there if you want to download it off one of the torrent sites. I haven't seen it, but I saw it out there.

The first episode of The Cleveland Show is also out there. It's not bad, not great either...

Draft saved Draft deleted