1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking ahead to new fall TV season

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

No way does NCIS: Los Angeles fail. NCIS is consistently the best-rated show on TV and this one is going to be on right after it. Unless the show completely sucks, it should do fine.

I'm excited for the new Kelsey Grammer show "Hank"

Community and Modern Family both look like they have potential.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Mizzou, did you give up on Lost?

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I'll echo those who can't wait for Glee.

I'm even more excited, though, for the return of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. The musical to end last season was possibly the best half hour of television I've ever seen. Can't wait to see what antics they're up to this season.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Mizzou, I don't think NCIS: LA will fail to be renewed. I meant the show will be fail, and I think it will be a pale imitation, not a compelling variant like SVU.

And Community looks god-awful.

5. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I gave up on Lost last season. It was hard because I had so much invested in it, but it just became to hard and not enjoyable anymore. I did see the end of the finale.

6. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

No mention of V whatsoever? C'mon people! Elizabeth Mitchell! Morena Baccarin! Scott Wolf! Possible munching of small rodents by aliens!

Oh wait, I just grossed out my seven-year-old self who vividly remembers the original miniseries. Ick.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the original. The trailer looked interesting, so I'll at least give it a shot.

Spoiler alert.

(I read that there will definitely be at least one munching of a small rodent by an alien.)

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

YES! And dammit. I forgot to include this on my Top TV shows list on the other thread. The commercials leading up to this season have been classic.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The shots of home will get me to give Three Rivers a chance, but I'm not particularly optimistic about that one.

10. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

I'll watch "Three Rivers" and "Glee" but I'm eagerly awaiting the next season of "Nip/Tuck" on FX. Another FX series I'm looking forward to - "Sons of Anarchy," which begins Sept. 8. Cannot wait to watch "It's Always Sunny," either.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'll be collecting Sons of Anarchy on my DVR while I go through the first season with Netflix.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Sadly, I did...

Draft saved Draft deleted