1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Look who's back

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, May 26, 2011.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

You've got to be kidding. You really think she could get elected president? For real?

I truthfully don't think she could win the party's nomination -- unless the Tea Party splits off and becomes its own official party, God help us --- but if somehow she did, she'd wind up with less than 30 percent of the vote.

Sure she can draw a crowd at rallies and book signings and rake in a lot of money -- far more than she ever would by being governor of Alaska --- but those figures represent just a tiny percent of the electorate.

Look, I like Palin. She's probably a good, sincere person and certainly is good for a good laugh now and then. But she's no more a serious candidate for president than Donald Trump would have been.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

She was already elected governor of Alaska.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Against this field? I could definitely see her getting the nomination. Ultra conservative candidates usually do well early because of the idiotic way the primaries are set. Hell, Buchanan and Huckabee are just two examples of guys who have done really well early because oif the early focus on places like Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina.

I do not support Palin and I want her to go away, but could I see moderate republicans splitting votes between Romney and Pawlenty while Palin cleans up on Tea Party votes? Absolutely.

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

A good, sincere person? Have you read, like, anything about her, ever? Even people who like her don't think she's sincere.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

That was before she became an attention-craved buffoon.

6. Mizzougrad96

How many politicians are sincere?

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The Republican nightmare is that Palin or Bachmann doesn't get the nomination, and decides to run under a third-party, Tea Party banner.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

America's full of stupid fucking idiots.

9. Mizzougrad96

If the republican base gets behind her, then we'll know they're all but conceding the election. They may want her to run because after she gets crushed, she'll likely have to go away.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Unless the science/art/voodoo of public opinion polling is completely wrong, Palin would lose a general election in Goldwater-McGovern-Mondale territory. She's polled behind Obama in Georgia for God's sake. The OTHER Republican candidates of 2012 for OTHER offices would never allow such an anchor to be tied around their necks.
    Here's my wild guess for today as to what might happen. If Palin does run, it'll be Fox News that ties the scandal can to her in some way or another. They have the inside info to do it, and Ailes is on record as thinking she's a catastrophe for the Republican party.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It ain't pretty, all around. Pawlenty's polling behind the POTUS in Minnesota.

She can't get the nomination. All the GOP old-time-regular pro swinging dicks (Rove, on down) hate
    her guts, and they'll gang up on her big-time if it looks like she could get a whiff . . .

12. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

She's employed by Fox News.

Draft saved Draft deleted