1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Look out, Idaho. The Hurricanes are coming

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by beefncheddar, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Same here. Just the fact that the Canes will play in Boise, it's a can't-miss bowl game for me. While disappointed they became bowl eligible last week against BC, part of me is starting to believe this might actually be more embarrassing to them than not playing in a bowl at all this season.

2. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I hear Boise is a very cool town (a couple of friends of mine got jobs there and some folks here have gone and visited them). I mean, the photos I see of the Boise nightlife are of decent bars with cute chicks hanging out in them.
    HOWEVER, Miami ought to blow off the invitation. It's probably a hell of a lot more important for the new coach to spend that time recruiting and hiring his staff, instead of getting a 6-6 team ready to play in a low-rent bowl. The tiny ass payday ain't worth the risk of getting beat by Nevada.

3. statrat

statrat Member

Wonder how many of the Hurricane die hards are going to make the trip to Boise. I will be enjoying every minute of watching the Hurricanes get downgraded into tropical depression on the smurf turf.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I read in an AP story that the ACC won't let teams back out of bowls, so Miami has to go play.
    Funny thing is, the locals will be cheering for the Hurricanes because Boise State fans hate Nevada and its coach Chris Ault.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

They caught Nevada, didn't they?

Hope it's twelve degrees.

Pray.

6. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

You hear correctly, sir. The urban sprawl is bad, but it's not that off-putting.

I'm seriously considering watching this one in person. To think I was watching that same Miami program in Pasadena not too long ago....

Draft saved Draft deleted