1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Look out, Idaho. The Hurricanes are coming

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by beefncheddar, Nov 25, 2006.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

This is hilarious on about 6,000 different levels:

MIAMI — University of Miami football fans might have to stock up on some warm clothes before the Hurricanes’ bowl game.
    It appears UM (6-6), which is now guaranteed of a bowl berth, will play on the blue turf in Boise, Idaho, on New Year’s Eve at the MPC Computers Bowl.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Fuck Miami and their hostile, hating on cold weather columnists. Fucking brats!

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/sfl-mikeb24nov24,0,7386340.column?coll=sfla-sports-col

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

A bowl trip to the Old Idaho Penitentiary? That should be right up the alley for half the Hurricanes.

How much trouble can you get into New Years Eve in Boise? The Canes are gonna find out!

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I hope they all get eaten by bears while they're there. Damned warm weather brats.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Surprisingly Boise has a really solid bar district. It is like a smaller, less-crowded and much colder sixth street in Austin.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Great, as a Hurricanes fan, I thought I had nothing to worry about.

Boise will never be the same after they get a true lesson in Thuganomics!

7. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Yeah, they shouldn't whine ... but there should not be a bowl game in Boise, either.

8. KP

KP Active Member

9. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

I actually really liked Bogus Basin when I was in Boise for the '01 NCAA Tournament.
    Me and the two guys I went with went at night on an off night, and I thought that night-skiing was definitely an awesome experience.

10. BlacknGold

BlacknGold Member

I hope the irony is not lost that while Miami will be up here in Idaho that most BSU fans and media will be down in Glendale, Ariz. Was kinda hoping Brandon Merriweather and I could fire off a few rounds, but oh well...

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Hilarious on many levels.

Imagine if they lose this bowl game to.........Toledo.........someone like that?

12. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

I am so looking forward to watching this game and laughing at the Hurricanes. Ah, the good boys of Miami terrorizing the folks of Idaho.

Draft saved Draft deleted