1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Look at my (Anthony) Weiner

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CarltonBanks, May 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Looks like our gullible righty friends may have been snookered by Breitbart once again:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheat-sheet/item/evidence-backs-rep-weiner-in-scandal/mysterious/?cid=cs:headline6

Right-wing blogs may still be claiming that Rep. Anthony Weiner posted an explicit photo of himself on Twitter over the weekend, but stef at DailyKos proves that the photograph is almost definitely a fake. The up-close image of a man in boxer briefs appears to have been Photoshopped to look as though it came from Weiner’s yFrog account. The most likely suspect in the whole thing is a conservative activist named Dan Wolfe, who goes by Twitter handle @patriotusa76. Wolfe appears obsessed with Weiner: He has tweeted at him 287 times since April. On May 12, he began tweeting that a Democrat would soon have a scandal like former Rep. Chris Lee, who resigned after posting shirtless photos on Craigslist. Wolfe appears to be the only person to have seen Weiner’s tweet before he claims Weiner must have deleted it. The woman to whom the tweet was directed has also spoken out, saying, “I have never met Congressman Weiner, though I am a fan.”

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This Dan Wolfe guy is definitely obsessed with Weiner. He's also apparently the only person to retweet the original tweet before it was deleted.

This is why I do have serious doubts about this story.

I'm only keeping an open mind because "guys doing really stupid things" has proven true far more often than "guys getting their email/facebook/twitter accounts hacked" has proven true.

If this guy did hack the accounts, I hope they bust him and prosecute him (for getting my hopes up). Just kidding. He deserves what he gets.

3. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

I too am keeping an open mind.

4. RagingCanuck

RagingCanuck Guest

Why do I think this is true in both the capital and the lowercase?

5. YankeeFan

Oh, good. A gay joke. Because, you know, gays are bad. So making a reference to someone being gay is a great put down.

Way to go.

Can I steal that joke from you? It's really excellent.

6. RagingCanuck

RagingCanuck Guest

It's... quite a stretch to go from me implying that I think this stalker is probably a closet case to you inferring that I'm saying gay people are bad.

7. YankeeFan

Then how is it a put down?

You used it to mock him, to put him down, to humiliate him.

It was an accusation. Do we -- as a society -- "accuse" people of being smart, funny, beautiful? No we accuse them of bad, horrible things.

And, what's a "closet case"? Was the Phoenix Suns president who just came out to accolades a week or so ago a "closet case" before he came out?

Who else is a closet case? There must be more, right? Come on, let's hear 'em.

8. RagingCanuck

RagingCanuck Guest

There is nothing wrong with being gay. There is also nothing wrong with not sharing your sexual orientation to the world. No one owes that to anyone (For example: Anderson Cooper. Should probably just come out already, but it's his business. It sounds like the Phoenix Suns exec you're referring to fit into the same category before coming out, albeit on a much smaller level of fame). But if you're pretending you're something you're not out self-hatred (and, of course, I'm only speculating on that fact, but it fits a type of behaviour) well, it's kind of pathetic.

9. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Oh wingnuts. Suckered by this drunken liar once again.

10. YankeeFan

Even supposing that this fellow is gay (though there's no evidence), how has he pretended to be something he's not?

You nothing about this guy other than he dislikes Anthony Weiner and may have attempted to set him up?

What about that makes you think he may be gay, or a "closet case"?

You should think about your choice of words instead of reflexively defending them. They equated being gay with something bad. The more you think about it, maybe you'll understand.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I doubt Cooper comes out now. Why be associated with Don Lemon?

12. YankeeFan

CNN's John King teases the story:

"A New York Congressman says his Twitter account was hacked by someone who sent a lewd photo. Why then isn't the Congressman asking for an investigation? That's next."

He's got to ask for an investigation, doesn't he?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.