1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Look at my (Anthony) Weiner

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CarltonBanks, May 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Actually, Carlton, if Breitbart broke this story about an "R", I would assume there was a Night-of-the-Long-Knives backstory I didn't know, and that the story was a crock until verified by someone trustworthy.

2. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

I didn't know Starman had another screen name. Who do you deem trustworthy? Let me guess...Huffington Post, Daily KOS, FactCheck.org, Snopes, the DNC, etc.

RedState is on it. The Daily Caller is on it. The Vancouver Examiner is on it. The Daily Mail is on it. Politico is on it. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Again, is it true? Who knows? But should we dismiss it just because it was Brietbart that did the initial reporting? Nope. If his account was hacked he should file the police report and let the investigation play out. If he did nothing wrong he will be vindicated and the truth will be known.

Where you lose credibility is when you do not want to get to the bottom of the facts. If you go the "move on, nothing to see here" route without the truth backing you up you look like you are hiding something.

Look at it this way? Do you want a congressman's official Twitter account to be hacked and not want the authorities to discover and remove the security issue? Don't you think we should make sure there isn't some kind of hacker out there using politicians' social media platforms to cause problems? Let's take care of that, if there is a hacker, right?

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Keep guessin'.

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

The Daily Mail? That's your credible source? Laughable.

5. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

I'm happy to "get to the bottom of facts."

I'm happy to have Weiner resign if he did it.

I'm not going to believe today is Monday if the only source is Breitbart.

6. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Fair enough. As long as you are willing to let the information come out and not just dismiss the story out of hand because Weiner is a Dem.

7. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

Is this true? Who knows? Both sides do it! The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

It's concern-trolling's greatest hits, now collected on one handy thread!

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Your concern worries me.

9. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

I hope not.

As the only person with a second X chromosome who has posted on this thread so far, let me say that there is nothing erotic about a picture of a briefs tent.

10. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

Last time I saw the Concern Trolls I didn't think they were going to play Both Sides Do It, but then, Boom!, second encore!

11. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

This is not concern trolling at all. I hope and pray he did it because I can't stand the arrogant little moron. I would laugh and laugh and laugh.

12. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

Don't Attack The Messenger.

Is This True? Who Knows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.