1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Longview (Texas) SE Job Opening

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by pressboxramblings07, Apr 16, 2007.

1. The Longview News-Journal will need a new sports editor after its previous SE resigned last week after 15 years.

The LNJ has a circulation around 30,000 that covers around 30-40 high schools with in-town 5A, 4A and 3A high schools. It's a Cox newspaper.

I don't work at the LNJ but nearby and I know several people who work there, including the former SE. I'm not sure if they're going to post it or not -- I'm sure they will -- but just giving the heads up if anyone might be interested.

2. Thanks for the tip. It does sound enticing, and I do have family that lives in that vicinity.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I once almost married a man who lives in Longview. IIRC, it's a pretty part of Texas. Some forested areas.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Just wondering what the pay there is....who owns that paper.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

First post said it is a Cox newspaper.

6. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Having a hard time with rreading comprehension?

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

On the pay deal...no, fucktard.

8. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Lo, I am wounded. I shall crawl into the underbush and pray that I may one day recover from the scathing attack of that which is Yawn.

Of course, he wouldn't be able to find the forest for the trees in Longview.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I know Longview, and I know pines. I also know the area known as Pine Tree. You'd get your ass kicked there.

10. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

I've somehow survived repeated trips to the area, covering various games at Pine Tree HS, without that ever happening. Ditto for LeTourneau University, Spring Hill, Kilgore, White Oak, Tatum, Marshall, Gladewater, Liberty City, etc., etc., etc.

You just gotta love a guy who resorts to namecalling and hints at violence when someone doesn't cower before his obvious superiority. You must be a real hit with the lasses of the region, Bubba.

11. To be fair, Yawn simply asked a question about something that actually relates to this thread, then you came around with the reading comprehension line.

Pot, meet kettle

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

No idea what the job's like, but there are many worse places in Texas to live than Longview.

The Lobos will be the top beat.

Draft saved Draft deleted