1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Longtime Long Beach PT columnist uses column to troll for chicks?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Aug 18, 2006.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It's kind of creepy when he's 35 years older than these girls. I've seen him in action at a couple of local establishments.

2. this is a joke, right?

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He looks like a guy who would drive an Alfa-Romeo with a scarf around his neck.

4. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

He looks like a guy who would drive an Alfa-Romeo with a scarf around his neck while on vacation in Bangkok.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Okay, I can't believe I did this but I googled the chick's name and her myspace account came up:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=4641715

Her greeting is:
    "Hi, I'm here for the gang bang?"

WTG, Doug!!

6. dooley_womack1

You're right, Ash, I think this guy probably has running tabs at a Soi Cowboy bar or two.

7. Gold

Gold Active Member

He also says other things - I guess that's a way of keeping the column local and unique. The one time I met him, Doug K seemed like a decent enough guy. Not my favorite way of doing things, and if you mention people you meet there should be a point to it. Don't like it when Krikorian does it and I don't like when Simers salivates over Salma Hayek in print.

8. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

yeah....he looks pretty suspect in that pic.

Ok...I clicked on that myspace page....I've been to maybe 15 different peoples pages, just randomly......and everyone of those has "Tom" (top left pic) listed as a friend. Dougie should hook up with Tom to meet chicks.........or young Thai children, whatever he's into.

9. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Is that Spike from "Gremlins?"

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

It is wrong that I couldn't get past the lede?

11. edit -- i just read the whole piece. good lord.

pet peeve of mine is this sort of stuff:

"But who in tarnation is Andre Ethier? Now I know who Andre 3000, aka Andre Benjamin, is - the charismatic front man of Outkast.

But I wasn't aware who this Dodger Andre was before Colletti plucked him away from the Oakland A's and before he became a serious Rookie of the Year candidate with his .338, 11 HR, 48-RBI numbers."

nothing comes across worse than a journalist bragging about how he has no idea who somebody is

i guess it's a device to show that you're writing about somebody who's supposedly obscure, but all it does is make the writer look ignorant.

this is one of the worst things I've ever read in my life. and the asides about the girls are so inappropriate and creepy. really, this clown shouldn't be in print

--------
    she is pretty hot

but why does every girl on MySpace listen to Jason Mraz? that dude SUCKS

[​IMG]

12. dooley_womack1

"Tom" is the moderator, the guy who puts out notices about tech issues. Everyone who joins gets him as a default friend.

Draft saved Draft deleted