1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Longshoremen gone Tea Party

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Sep 8, 2011.

1. J Staley

J Staley Member

I'm just as surprised as you that nobody has been arrested in this case. My point was that you seem to portray the Tea Party as a peaceful group that only wants to cut spending, lower taxes, and, maybe, have the liberty to revise American history without ridicule.

I also love reading that the current Tea Party probably never would have participated in the Boston Tea Party because a reduced tax sparked the event, at least partially. And the current Tea Party could never see a reduced tax as a problem. Reading the historynet.com account of the Boston Tea Party, I found it interesting that the famed "no taxation without representation" was only part of what fueled the tea dump. It also makes it seem like the modern Tea Party stopped reading after "no taxation," then adopted that mantra, and their twisted version of history.

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Nice reference.

Draft saved Draft deleted