1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Long, but entertaining: Spider-Man 3

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, May 2, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This movie blows... I finally saw it and it was an absolute piece of shit...

For the record, I loved the first two... If there is anyone left on the planet who hasn't seen it, save your money...

2. statrat

statrat Member

Saw it over the weekend and while good compared to other Superhero movies, it was definitely a dissapointment compared to the first two. For me, the biggest flaw to the film came during the opening credits. Danny Elfman did not score this film, and the music did not seem to fit as well. Thomas Hayden Church was awful, particularly since they had to burn up time they typically spend on the villain backstory to cram in two baddies. Seemed as though the only reason he was in the movie was to give Spiderman someone to fight while he dealt with his inner dark side. The meteor-black slime intro was lame. Didn't Jameson's son bring it back from space in the comics when the shuttle crashes in New York? Would have been much better. Bryce Dallas Howard had no reason to be in the movie. The movie relied on the acting chops of Kirsten Dunst and James Franco for a big chunk of it and quite frankly...there just is not a whole lot there. Special effects are also beginning to where thin...The Mummy did the whole guy in a wall of sand thing much better...and that was what ten years ago? Decent pop corn movie, but significant drop off from the first two. It managed to feel too crammed together and overlong at the same time.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Too late. I saw it this weekend and concur. Seemed like just a lot of action scenes patched together without any particular rhyme or reason.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I saw Wild Hogs on the airplane the other day and I thought it was better than Spiderman 3...

Draft saved Draft deleted