1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

london times: chavez may not let baseball players out of venezuala

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by leo1, Nov 29, 2006.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The article never quotes Chavez as saying he was going to shutdown baseball.
    It never quotes Chavez at all. It never quotes anyone from Venezula as saying Chavez was going to do this. It insteads quote an American, who says Cahvez might do that because [Chavez] is so anti-American.
    The whole article has the stench of American-planted propaganda.
    Let's not forget Chavez was elected to be president of Venezula, the United States tried to overthrow his government, now Chavez has a problem with the American government.
    Shocker.

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

right. that's why it's a shaky premise because it's a poorly written piece. but given his hatred of americans i think it's something worth wondering about or looking into if your paper has the resources.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Chavez is possibly bat-shit crazy, but I'm not sure he hates Americans, just Bush.
    If he really hated Americans, he wouldn't be sending all that cheap heating oil to the northeast.
    But I'm not going to get into a defense of Hugo.

4. Gold

Gold Active Member

The Yankees had the bomb BEFORE Israel, and traded it to the Israelis for a pitcher in the 1980s. Like most Yankee trades in the 1980s, it didn't work out.

Draft saved Draft deleted