1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

London-DC Flight Diverted

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

This just in

Will try to find a link.
  2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a Flaming Lips fan.
  3. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Well done.
  4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

AP's early releases make no mention of Al-Qaida. Where did the initial report come from?
  5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

That was soooooo wrong.
  6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I must say, "Do You Realize" tears me up every time I hear it.

/end of threadjack
  7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I got it from my local news station's e-alerts, but it attributes the al-Qaida reference to an airport spokesperson.
  8. I'm taking two London-US flights in Sept (one to philly, one to SF)...i'm really not looking forward to either one. In fact, if it weren't for the weddings, etc, that we're going to next month, i would have cancelled it--not because i'm afraid of terrorism, but because i really don't want to deal with the probable delays, stressed/scared fellow travellers mixing emotions and booze, etc......
  9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I'll suggest flyingo out of Gatwick. I recently dealt with someone flying back and Heathrow just won't be sorted out for a long time.
  10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

You've probably already bought your tickets, but is it possible for you to take the Eurostar and fly out of Paris or Brussels instead? Yes, there's the hassle of getting to those places, but there are fewer restrictions.
  11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

At least he wasn't found with magazines or tangerines.
  12. that's a pretty good idea--not sure how possible it is, but i'm going to definitely look into it....
Draft saved Draft deleted