1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lofton backs Sheffield's claim of different treatment of black and white Yankees

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Jul 15, 2007.

1. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Andrea, who did the interview, is known for her neurotic preparation and research. (Neurotic is her description). It will be interesting to see if she asks Sheffield about all the other times he's accused teams and people of racist behavior. Or maybe Gumbel addresses it in his post-interview chat.
    And Bob Gibson finds Sheffield's comments so ludicrous, he's all but hanging up on reporters who call him for comment. Many have tried.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Program coming on HBO now.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Terrible job by Andrea Kramer. So much for her famous preparation. Why didn't she press Sheff about who the other players were ? Why didn't she ask him what Uncle Dwight thought about Joe.

Sheff is an idiot.

4. boots

boots New Member

Joe Torre isn't a racist. He's a very kind guy who may treat guys differently. I don't like the idea of people lining up his "black" friends to say nice things about him. That's wrong.
    Shef is not an idiot. He has a a new book coming out, this will generate sales.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

This story about the little boy with the perfect golf swing -- and retinal cancer -- has made me grin, say "Jesus" to myself in awe of his abilities, cry and shake my head in amazement.

Draft saved Draft deleted