1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Locked in a cell and forgotten

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, May 2, 2012.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

If by "heads will roll" you mean "a couple guys get put on paid administrative leave for half a year, then they will 'retire' with pension approaching 90% of annual salary, and at least one of them going on disability over the stress", then yes, I do believe heads are gonna roll over this.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If I'm Tommy Chong - or whatever the hell this kid's name is - all I care about is getting paid and being able to smoke free pot and eat free Doritos for the rest of my life.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Jose Rodriguez doesn't think the guy was mistreated.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Jose Rodriguez would have tossed him a bottle of Ensure every other day and at least provided a diaper.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Lesley Stahl thinks drinking urine is less torturous than drinking Ensure.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Just pulling form your posts on that other thread. Leslie Stahl did not bring up Ensure. Roridguez did. It wasn't a finer money, as was most of his putting his foot in his mouth. And as fixated you are on it -- rather than the actual point of the story -- Rodriguez used it as an example of how they fucked with diets to try to torture prisoners. They would starve them and throw them a bottle of Ensure every once in a while. He actually suggested he did Khalid Sheikh Mohammed a favor, because the guy lost 50 pounds being starved and tortured.

As I said on the other thread, worst spokesman for torture ever. They couldn't have found Josef Mengele instead? I'm certain he could have made a more persuasive case.

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Not that it works this way, but would you go through the same for $20 million?

I tend to fairly quickly think, "Well, heck yes!"

That's until I consider that this guy had no idea while he was in the middle of it if he would, in fact, survive.

Draft saved Draft deleted