1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Locked and Loaded in Chipotle, Texas

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riptide, May 20, 2014.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

From a Facebook page:

Gun fanbois with assault rifles in restaurants and other places of business sure would rattle me. I hope we can have a rational discussion on this for a while.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

God love this country and the effin' Constitution. ::)

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm all for gun rights, but these people come across as the right-wing version of the woman who insists on breastfeeding in public because she can.
    Just because you CAN, doesn't mean you have to or SHOULD.
    Don't be douchebags, fellas. Leave the guns at home. If it so happens that on your visit to Chipotle it so happens to be the .0000000001 percent chance that someone decides to shoot the place up, let's just chalk it up to bad luck.

4. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I have a CCW permit and enjoy spending the occasional day at the range.

And I think open carry is beyond stupid. Especially so with rifles and shotguns.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

By the way, Chipotle announced today that guns are no longer allowed in their restaurants.

6. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

What about good food? Does Chipotle have any plans for allowing good food in its restaurants?

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Well, if those two aren't the poster boys for rational discussion, I don't know who is.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

On the .0000000001 percent chance that a couple of urban terrorists abruptly walk in and start shooting the place up, will these guys take out the bad guys swiftly and efficiently, or will they spray dozens of bullets over, around and through everyone in the room?

I don't see any John McClane in either of them. Would they even get off a shot?

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Agreed. When I'm carrying, I don't want people to know - especially somebody who might try to take it from me.

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

I dare anyone to cut in front of the guy on the left in the buffet line.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Note the mags are locked and loaded, and I have to assume there are bullets chambered. That is idiotic. One bump is all it takes for a tragedy.

Fringe loons are usually not very smart.

12. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I bet those fellas get all the ladies.

Draft saved Draft deleted