1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Local TV news is a joke

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Flip Wilson, Dec 6, 2006.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I've never received an e-mail -- spam or no -- threatening my life, but should I ever, I certainly won't bother contacting my local news station. If I considered it a real threat, I'd be calling the cops.

WHY do people call us with stuff like this? If I honestly felt like my life was in danger, do I really think Andy Anchorman is going to take the bullet for me?

2. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

[​IMG]

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Or that the kitties offer you great protection

4. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Yeah, shottie, I'm afraid this one probably falls under the category of hookers in Vegas drugging you and then you waking up the next morning in a tub full of ice finding that your kidneys have been removed.

BUT not everybody is that tuned in to all the scams and spam on the 'Net, and if she wasn't and she was frightened, well, there you go.

But I agree: Why call the local TV station instead of the cops if you're worried.

5. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

I work in the TV business. Don't get me started. I'll say this about the weather stuff, though: it's all consultants and management misreading what these idiots tell them. And the other parti is penis envy, plain and simple.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'll respond to this thread as soon as my sweetie, Princess Igrabyermoolah from Nigeria, gets out of the shower. She says all she needs is my bank account number, and she will deposit my $44 million, and everything will be cool. :eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted