1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Local TV and Favre ... kill me now

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bubbler, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I know we have other Favre-related threads ... I don't give a shit. This is WAY too stupid to bury in a running thread.

My sister e-mailed me from the Fox Valley and let me know that Green Bay's NBC channel decided it was worth airtime to put Favre on different teams in Madden football and simulate what would happen.

Based on this studious piece of TV journalism, here's how they see it ...

Tampa Bay 12-4
    New York Jets 11-4-1
    Vikings 10-6
    Packers 9-7 (Packers with Aaron Rodgers was 12-4)

I believe this is the same channel that, during my Packers coverage days, aired (airs?) a segment called Tasha vs. the XBox, in which they'd simulate the Packers' next game on an XBox, air the results, then have a dog come on and either agree or refute the findings. STRANGELY ENOUGH, Tasha the Dog always seemed to pick the Packers.

The Fox Valley TV media is a sight to behold when it comes to the Packers, especially when the Favre shit hit the fan as it has lately.

I'd like to think I'd be being outlandish and sarcastic to suggest that one or more of the channels there have done a feature on some dude from Kewaskum who had a Favre No. 4 tattoo laser-removed from his ass.

But the truth is, that's probably a Fox Valley TV d_b, not only have they done that story, but they've probably also done the sidebar on the Kewaskum fan's brother in Sturgeon Bay, who talks shit with his other brother, because his No. 50 AJ Hawk ass tattoo proves that he picked a Packer who's more loyal to Packer tradition. A sidebar that goes on to report that AJ Hawk ass tattoo man flashes it in downtown Sturgeon Bay on occasion, and the old lady in the brat shop "digs it".

I don't know whether to be more embarrassed as a member of the media, a Packer fan, or both.

Either way, kill me now.

2. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

It gets worse. They didn't even do their own homework:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/game_room/2008/07/madden-09-sims-favres-possible-comeback.html

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, the NBC affiliate had to take a break from their Olympic promo coverage, didn't they?

4. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Now we have 3 Favre threads, I'm setting the over/under for the day at 5.5.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Number I care about after this post: 0

6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Exactly

Draft saved Draft deleted