1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Local newspaper with front-page picture of car and deceased's family

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by i_work_for_editorhoo, Nov 21, 2008.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't think anyone is getting a luggage tag of either anytime soon. It would be nice if they could find a way to remove the purchase option ...

2. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

nothing wrong with those photos in the paper or on the web site. putting them up for sale is just plain stupid.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

No, it's business. Unfortunately, that's the way it is today.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Echoing others, but nothing wrong with that. My paper caught seven kinds of hell a few years back for a pic at the scene of a car v. train accident. Family shows up while police are still clearing the scene and go mad with grief. Our photog catches them in mid-scream, son-in-law of the deceased trying to hold back his wife. Really emotional pic. I did feel a liilte funny about that one...

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

So what if the paper didn't run it and the shots are put on the internet. Then it appears as though the paper isn't doing its job. Something's not right there.

Draft saved Draft deleted