1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lo Duca On the Market

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mudbone, Aug 8, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Haha, that's a very good question. Always wondered that too...he and Kirby Puckett exploded for power out of nowhere.

But Bradley did continue racking up extra-base hits even if he wasn't quite as prolific with the HRs.

I always thought he was underappreciated...guys with his tools didn't come around all that often. But the Mariners dumped him in what should have been his prime and he out of baseball pretty quickly. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I read he had a big chip on his shoulder from his rough experience as the first black quarterback at Missouri and that he was misconstrued as a guy with a bad attitude.

2. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

The leggy teen's MySpace page is quite leggy, too. ....

Although on there it says she's 21.

3. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

There's more!

LO DUCA TRIES SOME PHILLY CHEESECAKE
    http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/lo_duca_tries_some_philly_cheesecake_regionalnews_larry_celona.htm

Just one week after a 19-year-old Long Island woman told The Post she's been having an affair with the Casanova catcher, a fresh-faced Philly teen said she's been sharing steamy sex trysts with Lo Duca since last summer - after meeting him at the gambling parlor where she works.

"I guess Paul likes young girls and has one in every city - I must be his Philly chick," said a stunned Christina Alisio.
    On the straying slugger's sexual prowess in bed, Alisio then added, "He's all right but below what I expected."

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

LOL

The NY Post picked up this trait from the UK papers... They get a quote from the skanks on whether the ballplayer was good in bed or not. Or well-hung.

Every man outside BYH would cringe if that info came out.

5. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

"I was just a piece of ass for him."

Goddamn, I love the New York Post.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

it's a wonder that guys like lo duca even talk to the post or daily news anymore. the mets' beat writers for those rags must be besides themselves. those rags are an embarrassment, as is the publuc's thirst for this shit.

or is there a real thirst for this crap? or is that just an excuse the tabs fall back on?

has this story or the strahan divorce crap really had any impact on paper sales?

7. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

His at-bats also doubled from 84 to 85

8. Outta Here

Outta Here Guest

If it bleeds, it leads. Sex sells. Of course there's a market for this stuff, otherwise there wouldn't be tabloids to start with. Sure it might not sell in the Midwest (Sun Times aside) or the South; but if you've ever lived in the Northeast, you'd understand the mentality there is different.

If "sizzle" didn't sell, do you think the Post and Daily News would go that way?

As for the players, who's to say they don't crave the attention to start with? Maybe not in that way -- but they want the fame, they want the money that comes with playing in N.Y. That can come with a price -- but only if your lifestyle choices play into the hands of the tabloids. I don't see the likes of Tom Glavine appearing on the front page with salacious photos.

So for the ones who can keep it in their pants, the tabloids are harmless. As for the rest of them -- keep it in your pants or wake up to the tabloids and face the divorce lawyers.

9. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

They're teenagers. Reading whatever Paul Lo Duca told them - "He cared about me. He was a nice guy." - is the same crap that college guys feed to girls who "just want to be loved."

God, how are we relegated to being so easily succeptible??? :-[

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

We all are when we're that age. It isn't until we hit 25 or so and become terribly jaded that we stop falling for crap like that.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Speak for yourself. Some of us idiots continue to be suckered.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's either that or start acting like the guys do. Not sure which is worse emotionally to be honest :p

Draft saved Draft deleted