1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lo Duca On the Market

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mudbone, Aug 8, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

That card's in pretty shitty shape. Off-centered, miscut and dinged up at the edges. Of course, doesn't that describe every donruss card ever made between 1984 and 1990? Those fuckers could not produce a mint card. I'm still convinced it was intentional.

Anyway, I was a big Phil Bradley fan, so I'll give you a nickel for the DK. That, or two Alvin Davis DKs from 1985. :D

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

That 'splains ... so much. You REALLY shouldn't have admitted that. 8)

But I'll indulge you. Explain this to me:

How in the name of Brady Anderson did that dude go from 0 HRs in 124 games at age 25 ... to 26 HRs in 159 games at age 26? And then never more than 14 ever again?

Must've been New Coke, right? 1985? Or am I thinking of that 1885 Coke -- which was laced with something a little stronger than sugar and caffeine? :) :D ;D

3. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

http://thebiglead.com/?p=805

So what's the verdict? The teenager Paul was drilling, or his playboy wife?

4. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/catcher_in_the_lie_as_sexy_tryst_teenager_calls_met_star_a_2_timing_scum_regionalnews_larry_celona_and_selim_algar.htm (includes pic - SFW)

A sexy Long Island teen revealed in an explosive interview yesterday that she and married Met catcher Paul Lo Duca have been carrying on a steamy affair since April, enjoying secret trysts at his pad and sharing intimate phone calls.

"He's fun - for an older man," bombshell brunette Krista Guterman, 19, said of the All-Star stud, whose wife recently slapped him with divorce papers charging adultery.
    "I didn't know he was married. If I knew he was married, I wouldn't have dated him," insisted the leggy teen, who lives with her parents.

5. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Good Christ. His wife. In a fraction of a fraction of a heartbeat.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So when an editor goes over this, is there some test about whether the girls really qualify for bombshell and leggy status?

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I love the name of the URL link.

9. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Reading the NY Post story now. I think it's quite comical that Paul LoDuca went to an "18 and over" night at a club to pick up chicks.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Oh, how IJAG loves the mustachioed Brook.

11. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

I love how they pulled the "do you know who this guy is" line. It's Paul LoDuca, not A-Rod. She's pretty hot.

12. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

There really needs to be an AP Stylebook entry addressing this.

Draft saved Draft deleted