1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Liz Hurley could face arrest over marriage ceremony

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Apr 10, 2007.

1. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Her new father-in-law has already disowned the son (and I suspect his daddy's money weighed heavily in her decision re his attractiveness, esp. because he had this little thing called a wife when she met him) for not following protocol re the father "introducing" the bride at the Indian ceremony. As well, as she fawned over Sir Elton and all the Eurotrash interlopers, the cousins and real relatives were left to listen outside.

The best comment I saw, from a local, was "she's by far the oldest bride we've ever seen around here."

Don't ask me how I know all this. I just know. :D

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

This is from imdb:

But, really, who cares?

3. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

This is one silly ass story, and I can say that because I'm friends with Paul Kent, the bloke who wrote it from London. We used to cover rugby together in Sydney; no idea why he's now doing gossip in the UK. But he knows better than to mislead the reader, and this report all but suggested the love birds face charges in London for not taking off their shoes and drinking alcohol at the wedding.
    It's not until the second to the last par that we get this:
    "could be charged under section 295A of the Indian penal code, detailing an intention to outrage the feelings of Hindus by insulting their religious and ritualistic beliefs."

Oh, they'll be charged in India, where they don't live, where they'll never return. Dang, Paul, that's like putting the score and details of the winning drive in the last sentence.

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted